Woah baby! This cake rocks!! I'll have to admit, I didn't listen to any choice music while baking this beauty like I usually do when I cook. I watched old SNL re-runs on my little kitchen t.v.--- Betty White was the host...it made me smile the whole time.
Ultimate Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake
"NEAR DEATH BY CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER"
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 small package of Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
(I doubled cake ingredients and made a three layered 9 inch cake and a dozen chocolate cupcakes--I just topped the cupcakes with a few dark chocolate chips for frosting just before I pulled them out of the oven.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a very large bow, mix together everything except the Reese's Peanut Buttercup. Batter will be very thick, stir in the Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Pour batter into cake pans that have been greased and floured. Bake for about 10 minutes more than the cake box suggests or when checking with a tooth pick it comes out clean.
3. I used 3 nine inch layer pans and also made 1 dozen cupcakes-
4. Remove from cake pans and set on cooling racks and cool completely.
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended. Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream, blend on low speed until moistened. Then beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
2. Frost cooled cake.
I chopped Reese's Peanut Butter mini's and put some between each of my three layers of cake. Then sprinkled chopped Reese's on top and around sides along with Kit-Kats.
This cake was for my handsome husband's birthday this weekend. We all got stomach aches from eating too much! It is irresistible! The perfect combo of chocolate fudgy goodness and salty peanut butter decadence.
Just a random pic of my Red Bull---gave me wings while I unwrapped all of those Reese's Peanut Butter cups! You will want to follow this step too!
I wanted to stop here and just dig in with this giant spoon! Self control ~
TA-DA! Near death by peanut butter!